Thursday, March 12, 2015

Crafting exploration...

Hello Crafters!!

I know that I have not been too active on my blog lately, but I have a good reason. Recently I stopped selling Close to My Heart products because I just didn't think it was a good fit for me (note, there wasn't a problem and I LOVE the products) and to be perfectly honest, I really am not a good salesperson

Instead of being devoted to one product, I started exploring other craft mediums and as much as I love making cards, I have re-discovered my ARTSY side again.
 
Once upon a time, I was an artist at heart. Spent my childhood summers in art class at the local art center, I then enrolled and was accepted in a creative high school (very progressive for the late 70's) and after high school, I let it slipped away with adulthood. It wasn't until I moved into my new home and had a real space for crafting that I started creating again.

Well... I am taking my crafting to a whole different level now. I started an Art Journal (after much inspiration from YouTube!) and I have a new obsession with water colors in all fashion. My exploration is finding out what medium I prefer to work with and trust me, a ton of hit or misses but I am actually learning what I prefer to work with along the way. This is a really exciting time for me to see some of the ideas in my head show up on paper!

In the coming weeks I will be working on some projects to post for you to see, maybe even a video. 

If you are like me and in the middle of a crafting exploration, let me know in the comments. I would love to know what you are exploring also.

Have a crafty day!
~ Janice
The CraftinGeek
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
Have a Crafty Day!
~ Janice

Google+